Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Boss Still Has it!

Last night I had the opprotunity of a life time. At the very last minute I decided to go to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band at the Xcel Energy Center. I bought my Brice Springsteen tickets from Ticket King and it just so happened that they were in the best section of the Xcel: 119 row 6 seats 1-3. The view of the stage was absolutely amazing, I will post some pictures below so you can see for yourself. I heard that Xcel Energy Center tickets for this show were easy to find at first, Bruce Springsteen tickets were being sold by Ticket King below face value then all of a sudden at the last minute super great tickets became available. All of the people sitting in front of me got their tickets the day of the show as well.
I bought these Xcel Eneregy Center tickets as a gift for my mom for Mother's Day, and I kept the location of our tickets a secret. When the usher stopped us at the entrance to explain what aisle we were supposed to go down, my mom got a view of the stage and by the time we got to our seats only 6 rows from the stage she was crying she was so happy! It's always a great feeling to do something nice for someone!
As for the show, Bruce and the band played for 3 FULL hours. Normally The Boss plays 3 encores, however, last night he only played 1. I'm not complaining - I heard a lot of songs that I hadn't heard live before like "I'm on Fire" "Rosalita" and "The Ghost of Tom Joad." Another high light for me was seeing the new drummer the E Street Band was trying out: Jay Weinberg, Max Weinberg's son. Jay Weinberg played drums for half the show and then his dad took over; they are trying to get him acquainted with the grueling live show because in August Max has to go back to to the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien and Jay will have to be the full time drummer. For an 18 year old kid he was phenomonal! I can't wait to see where his drumming skills take him!

See you at the next one, Boss!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: