Saturday, February 3, 2007

TICKET SCALPING TO BECOME LEGAL IN MINNESOTA?

There is currently a bill in committee that would make selling tickets at over face value legal in Minnesota. I am very curious to see whether this bill will become a law. The author of the bill argues that tickets should be treated like any other commodity in a free market society. The opponents worry that it will cause after market prices to go up because more people will buy tickets in order to sell them at over face value and make some buck$. I don't know which side of the fence that I am on. All I know is that it would be really weird to pay over face value at a Target Center or Xcel Energy Center event and not fell like I was in the middle of a drug deal on Lake street. Times may be changing in the Twins Cities!

No comments: