Thursday, December 28, 2006

Note to Minnesota Vikings top brass: Don't raise ticket prices next year

Unfortuantely, I am not a high paid consultant to all NFL teams but I do know something about the Minnesota Vikings football ticket market. I have one bit of advice for the Vikings big wigs - you had better not raise ticket prices. After this disasterous season, and year after year of steady ticket increases, the season ticket holders are fed up. I have talked to countless Minnesota Vikings season ticket holders who have told me that if there is an increase next year they are going to drop their season tickets. I understand raising prices, but when the product got worse, the Vikes have no justification for a price increase. If anything, they should, as an act of good will, lower the prices for season ticket holders. That would probably help them in their quest for a new stadium. I am sure that all of the Vikings season ticket holders will gladly pay more the year after the team goes to the Super Bowl. Here’s to hoping that the Vikings front office isn't short sighted and we don’t revert back to the days of TV blackouts due to lack of ticket sales. BE SMART VIKINGS FRONT OFFICE!

No comments: